Friday, February 02, 2007

Happy Zone

I took an off from work today.
Thought, what is the harm in chilling out by my own? (Of-course, in the comfy of my apartment).
I was almost successful, except for a call from office demanding me to get online and on the phone for a meeting. Sigh, who ever said freedom is our right :)

Anyways, I was cheered up by a feel-good movie called ‘Kate and Leopolt’. Made me come to terms with my girlish dreams and fantasies again. Oh yeah, it was a make-believe movie but it made me feel alive again! So what the heck!

Its every girl’s dream that a knight or a gentleman (as mentioned in old Barbara Cartland romantic novels) appears in a white majestic horse, scoops her up or mounts her in to the horse with him, and they both ride away into the horizon. Whew, just the thought of it, makes me melt.

Yes it’s every girl’s dream. Even the fast paced, career-driven woman sometimes loses herself in that wish. Even the most brusque, matter-of-fact, tyrannical head-mistress has a soft spot.

A woman develops a defense mechanism around her as she dealt with the cards life throws at her. Often, her attention being taken over by survival instinct; the soft, gentle, safe-zone of her fantasies get bulldoze into the background.

Its moments like this- watching a movie and getting lost in its character, which brings back the softer side.
It brings back the saner side of life. Yes, its an irony that a fantasy can do that!

And you know what? When you come out of the fantasy, you are not remorseful because reality strikes back. You are actually rejuvenated!

Who needs shrinks or counselors when one can just get lost into your fantasies and come back with a bounce!

1 comment:

  1. Quite interesting behavior what you have mentioned in the blog. And i didnt knew it was every girls dream that a knight in armour comes n sweeps her off from the wretched land that has given her pain and agony. But little does the princess realse that the knight in shining aromur has also gone through the same pain and bickerings.
    Wish there was Princess in shining armour and sweeps away the prince charming hahaha but to think of it it never strikes the mind..... i never dreamt that i should be saved by a girl when iam about t die .....rather i dont mind dying to save a girl...is it Male chavunistic thought that graved so deep that we men cannot come out of it? beats me.....!!!!

    But my tenure with you was quite educative about a womens life. Before i met you i could not understand why women behave the way they behave...again iam not completely genralising ....mostly the majority. I could not understand why they want some thing so badly which might be harmful to them in longrun but want to have it ....and y cant they think long term?

    The most boggling thing about women is that why do they wait for the prince to come and take them? why cant they go in search for him? why is it that a guy has to approach the girl....is it to see the level of commitment? if so does it mean she is less commited to guy? or is it that she wants to know how much ego a guy can let go to approach her or to win her.....Interesting thought isnt it?

    The mst beautiful thing about this mechanism is ....Once she gives her commitment to the guy....she lays her life over him....after that she breaths, lives, eats, thinks of HIM...the ONE ..she had waited so long that she wants to give everything to him....which he dreamed of or which he has not even thought possible.

    Its beautiful to see how two loved ones sacrifice each others wishes to see the other happy....I dd not understand it before how can one be happy sacrificing his or her wish for other partner..... but one day just like that the answer clicked in mind. dont ask me what the answer is ...if i could explain it the world will have no heartaches. hhahahah....
    I would really like to know why a women when she has given everything for a man hesitates to give her trust.....isnt that the most important of all? y is it that she has to call him to know where he is? how does it matter? is it to check if he is having more fun than she? or to check if he s alright and will protect him if there is some problem? one cannot answer that. In the begining it sounds great, to see the girlfriend calls every now and then or vice versa. but then one fine day when there is no surprise left in lovelife about each other...the same thign which used to make a guy feel special starts irritating.....Why? iam still researching on it so dont ask me. Being a guy I relate this to my life. Too much of anything is too bad. I have seen people taking advantage of girlfriends trust and do all the things possible in the world with other babes... and i have seen friends who are completely devoted to there girlfriends treated like shit. How does one find the balance in love life? how much to interfere in partners life? how much space one needs? wow so many questions and complications....which still scare the hell out of me...may be these questions scare me "not" to commit myself....Yes i do feel lonely sometimes but then i donot have tensions to take care of some one not out of love but as an obligation. I dont have to sacrifice my movie to see some elses.
    Some are of opinion that I havent come over my last relation and thats why iam not letting my self free...I find it a joke that some one esle knows wot exactly i feel inside. It never strikes me about my previous so called love life....and some say i was immature to select the person....well one doesnt think calculate and love...it just happens....and one doesnt calculate and breaks up it just happens..if love had to be a calculation...then its a planned entrapment.....one should not judge that the person broke up was a bad choice....why is it that LOVE should always Triuph? Why love cannot fail? What is a successful love life? I dont think the Marriage is the destination of love...A Love can be a moment or a life time....why do people judge it by relation or by time?

    I do find cute when couple hold on for each other. I would find it holy if the same couple stay even in hardshps without bickering at each other.This love iam yet to see in life....if not mine atleast some one esles....i think that would give me the answers iam seraching for.

    I dont know how relevant it is for your tpic that u have started....but felt like writing it... take care God bless

    ReplyDelete

Follow this site

Follow this site >